Saturday, January 24, 2009

Brazil, a walk in the "Parque"


Boa Dia!

Thursday after Portuguese Tuturing on campus I went with a few people to go walk around downtown Goiania. I visited the park, went bargain shopping, and admired the gorgeous flowers that were everywhere!




At Parque do Buritis they had an amazing walking trail through the forest, as well as turtles that live in the man made lake. This park is known for the small monkeys (Marmocets) that live in the trees, but I wasn't able to spot one today. But I will! There are also monkeys on my campus, a larger species, and one hopped in the window durring my tutoring class that day! They inhabit the forest next to the school.

















Also, durring the Walking trail I saw a metalic three inch long beetle fly and land on a tree!

















After that, we went walking (pictures in a different post, those one is getting very image heavy!), and went to camelódromo to try to find a cheap alarm clock, because the adaptor to fix the voltage difference I bought fried mine ! This place is basically a huge alley entrance warehouse with rows and rows of vendors selling anything amazingly cheap . It's crowded and hot, and looks like a fire hazzard waiting to happen! But when buying electronics in Brazil you have to find the deals wherever you can. Anything imported (most electronics) here carries a huge import tax that is included in the price. My small fan for the my apartment from Correfour ( a large chain store like wal-mart, possibly bigger) cost 70, almost 80 Reals (pronounced hay-eyes) when the same fan in the United States would cost about 20-25 USD$ .

Tchau, até mais!

No comments:

Post a Comment